Mahamahopadhyay Pandit Madhusudan Ojha Central Library
पुस्तकस्था तु या विद्या परहस्तगतं धनम्।
कार्यकाले समुत्पन्ने न सा विद्या न तद्धनम्।।
As a centre of intense intellectual inquiry, the campus Library shares with researchers the aspiration to be the most dynamic learning environment in the Sanskrit world. The Library ensures that its collections remain forward-looking, open to browsing and of world renowned quality. The Library continues to embrace change and align itself to thrive on diversity
The library’s mission is to provide comprehensive resources and services in support of the research, teaching, and needs of the scholars community. Library commits to ensure the preservation and long-lasting availability of library collections and resources.
- We encourage the process of learning and the life of the mind.
- We believe that each user of the Library is unique and important.
- We evolve to meet the changing needs of the Library and its users.
- We support individual growth and organizational development.
- We maintain a comfortable, secure place of study, research, work, reflection and interaction.
- A person shall not write upon, damage or mark any book belonging to the Library.
- A person responsible for any damage caused by him / her to the books or any other property belonging to the Library, shall be required to pay the penalty imposed upon him/her by the Librarian.
- The Security Guard at the Library gate will check all personal belongings including Library books issued to a member.
- Personal book(s) shall not be allowed inside the Library. Please leave them at the Property Counter.
- Use of mobile phone in the Library is prohibited.
- The reader should check the books before borrowing to ensure that these are not damaged. If a book is found to be damaged or certain pages are missing, the borrower should get this statement recorded on the book, otherwise he/she shall be held responsible for the damage, discovered at the time of returning the books.
- Smoking, pan chewing and spitting in the library is prohibited; Photography is not allowed. and Membership privileges of a user can be suspended on account of misbehavior with the Library staff or for indecent manners.
- Photography is not allowed.
- Membership privileges of a user can be suspended on account of misbehavior with the Library staff or for indecent manners.